Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Zoo

I ended up joining the family on the zoo outing, with L's blessing : -) It was fun! We met the K family there and cruised in areas that we don't normally visit. I forgot our stroller and we rented one there for the first time. The only stinky thing was that it wasn't set up for a baby so I had to hold Baby J in his Moby the whole time. Fortunately, I wrapped it different somehow and it was super comfortable for the 4+ hours he rode in it. The kids got to ride a camel, which they loved. I don't normally spend the money but Daddy Piper was there and feeling generous. They enjoyed that immensely. We were able to witness some true "wild" loving when the baboons started feeling frisky and got busy right in front of us - YUCK! Fortunately our 2 kids were too wrapped up in their snacks to ask questions but J's daughter, S caught on and the questions started FLYING!!! After that fun experience (not), it was off to see some other animals. We did get to see the wolf today. We had lunch and a carousal ride and it was home to take naps. The kids did wonderful, as usual. I am very blessed with 2 good listeners. And it was fun to have Daddy Piper along for a change.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Oh that looks like so much fun!!

You should delurk more often! :) I'm grateful you did! Your layout is lovely, as is your pictures! Great to make your acquaintance! Thank you for your kind comments!

Cassandra said...

How fun does riding on a camel look! did you want a turn lol ;-)
I am glad you had a good day,