Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life

As I sit here and update my blog on the comings and goings of the last few days, I hear Daddy Piper singing to our youngest. What is it about a man holding a baby, singing to him, that makes me go all gooey inside? I do love my husband thoroughly and more with each day when I see him with our babies : -)

Ok now onto an update. Daddy Piper's work has slowed down drastically thanks to this blasted economy. He does have work tomorrow so Thank God for that! It's with a different contractor but it should work out okay. I am just thankful that he has work for the first time in 2 weeks. Yesterday we spent the day hanging out at home doing home stuff, like playing outside and getting housework done (got my whole to-do list done by 11 - WOOHOO!). I caught up with an old friend via Facebook last night. That was fun. I am planning 2 trips this spring. One with the kids to head to see our whole gang of friends and kids in MO and the other trip is without kids, with my sis to Vegas in May. Both trips may end up being in May since I didn't book my MO tickets soon enough to get a good deal. I can't wait for either trip. They'll both be fun for different reason. My 2 other girlfriends have 6 kids between them, making 9 kids total when we get together. And 5 years ago - there were NO kids. Guess we've all been a little busy : -)

The weather was supposed to turn ugly for today but fortunately it didn't. I woke up not feeling so hot. The rest of the family has been fighting a cold and I got some of it today. Daddy Piper took over kid duty while I rested. It was amazing to sleep and not feel the least bit guilty! I am feeling some better now so hopefully it will just get better from here.

A few days ago we set up the bunkbeds again. They were just side by side but the kids wanted the beds put back together. S now sleeps on top. L is still too scared to sleep up there. They wanted the beds put back together so there was room for Baby J in their room. I told them he was still too little for that but in a couple years he could be in there too : -)

I have started exercising again. I am trying not to be obsessive about my extra weight. I know I did a disservice to my milk with S, cutting so much fat out and comprising his growing because of it. I won't do that again but I really need to do something about this extra 10 pounds. I feel gross. Hopefully exercising will help. I want to look good for my upcoming trips : -)

0 comments: