Monday, June 29, 2009

Updates

I was just sitting down to post about the last week when L came up to have me zip her pants (they are playing firefighter and she needed her fireproof pants on). I happen to notice how crazily short they were; the pants belonged to her brother, not her. I suppose a 3T is a bit small for my 5 year old : -)

Our last week has flown by with out much fanfare. J has an 8th tooth, is pulling up and cruising along furniture and actually slept well last night. He slept so good in fact, I almost didn't get up to make Daddy Piper's lunch this morning! I usually wake up when he's in the shower or at the very latest, when he goes out to start the truck. Well not today - I just happened to notice the light on when J rolled over to nurse. I rushed up and Daddy was already in the kitchen dressed and about to make his own lunch. I would have felt SO guilty if he'd made it himself. J and I went right back to sleep till 7 this morning - WOOHOO!

Later this morning I turned into a major crabby pants for some odd reason. Our trip to the library helped change that so the mid-morning and afternoon went much better. We made pudding pops and canned some peaches. Yep - actually canned some peaches. I had gotten a 28 pound box from the co-op and bought a canner to '"put them up". It was hard work but fun. The kids enjoyed making the pudding pops. During nap, S fell off his bunkbed coming to tell me J was crying. S slipped down the ladder and fell right on his face. I was almost hysterical but managed to keep it together. I was beside myself with worry but 3 hours later, he still seems fine.

Back to the last week. We went to a birthday party last week in which L went down the BIG waterslide!!! We had some friends over on Thursday which was total fun. She is expecting baby #3 and I was so jealous when she announced that. I miss being pregnant and wish I could convince Daddy Piper to have another : -) Friday we met yet another friend at ChikFilA for some playing fun and breakfast. It's a treat to eat out lately and even more a treat for the kids to play at an indoor playground like this, so we all had fun!! Daddy had work 3 days last week (YEA!!!) I seem to be able to keep the household on more of a schedule when Daddy's working. I was also able to get out for dinner with a friend last week. Wonderful conversation and great food - the things my sanity needed.

We were able to get L's dance pictures back from the studio. The DVD isn't done yet so I am hoping for that this week.The garden continues to grow, even in this awful heat I did lose some stuff the other day when it was hotter than hell. Mostly though everything is trudging along waiting for those cooler days of fall to appear (get in line, I say!)

We have postponed our family vacation in July due to financial concerns. It's been a rough year for us so far. We are hoping to make the trip in August if July goes better than April, May and June did. Well June hasn't been too bad but April and May were REALLY, REALLY bad. Aww the Economic Crisis of 2009 seems to have hung on for the long haul.

Life is fine - better than fine most days. Baby J is growing so quickly. I want him to stay a baby forever but that just doesn't seem to be happening. He is such a happy go-lucky baby so I am thankful for that. He is laughing in there with Daddy right - music to my ears!

0 comments: