Friday, June 5, 2009

Zoo




L lost her hat running down the hill!















I had to work and work to get a sem-good picture of these 3 munchkins together and this was the best out of about 40 shots : -)


It was a nice day so we decided to take advantage of the break in the weather and go to the zoo. Our membership is such a wonderful thing. We go once or twice a month. The kids enjoy the walk and seeing the animals and I enjoy the no-fuss family time. We brought my nephew along this time. We rode the train and looked at a few animals before stopping to have lunch. We bring our lunch so we can buy a treat. It works out pretty well! Anyway our lunch today consisted of pb&j with our yummy homemade peach jam. We picked peaches a few weeks ago and made jam from some of them. It is the BEST peach jam I have ever tasted. Our our way home from the zoo, we went by a local farmer's market to get our fruits and veggies for the week since I forgot to order them in time from our co-op. I was very impressed with the quality and amount of stuff I was able to get for $15. It should be enough to last us a week, until our next co-op!! I really liked that most of the stuff was local grown and ALL of it was USA grown!!

2 comments:

anitazim said...

LOVE your pics and reading your blog makes me wish even harder we lived next door to each other! Your camera is awesome! The pics are so good. Your babies are getting so big. *sniif*

jessamyn said...

what farmer's market was it?
and...i need your jam recipe!!! hee hee!