Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Darn Flu

Here I sit after a long night and day taking care of sick kiddos. I should be sleeping yet sleep alludes me. I feel punch drunk from the lack of sleep I have had over the past 24 hours. All of my babies are sick now. Thankfully J's fever seems to be the lowest grade of all 3. I had an awesome friend bring dinner over this afternoon for tonight and tomorrow night. I am blessed with good girlfriends! L seemed to be a bit better this evening. I hope that this thing is almost over for her. It's the worst sickness I have seen in my children yet. Horrible, crappy virus - GO AWAY!

This morning S puked. Luckily Daddy Piper had a bucket in the living room ready to go. I put a bucket in his bed during his nap this morning (S must be truly sick. He was laying in the floor watching cartoons and asked "I want to go to bed please?!"). I go in later to move his pillow down to prop L up some to help with her horrible coughing and bumped his bucket. Yea - he had puked in it and puke spilled over me, the bed, the floor and L's bed (they have bunk beds). Oh my goodness, I had no trouble cleaning up poo from J yesterday when he decided to play with his poopy diaper but cleaning up that puke took everything inside of me not to barf all over their room.

Lots more fun stories from today including finding poop on L's foot (she poo-ed in the bathroom and had a hard time cleaning it up and didn't tell me). Oh such are joys of motherhood. I am off now to try to get some rest!!

0 comments: