Daddy Piper headed off tonight to work. It broke up the routine this afternoon/evening and boy was it chaotic around here! Unbelievable how ingrained the routine is in our children.
Daddy napped this afternoon so I was alone with all 3 kids. It is always such a chaotic time anyway then to have him napping so I was trying to keep the kids semi-quiet. It was just crazy. During this time, L & S were climbing trees again (I reminded S to keep his pants buttoned!!). Well S fell out of the tree and was hanging on by his fingernails. He had his legs wrapped around the tree truck and his arms holding on the higher branch. L hollered for me and I walked out, almost going back to get my camera but thought better of it at the last minute :-) They use an old wooden stepstool, then climb on top of their cozy coupe car, then get up into the tree. Yes - super dangerous but it works for them.... until the car moves and you get stuck like S did!
I got so much done after Daddy left tonight. I made 4 pans of cinnamon rolls, cleaned the carpets in the playroom and settled down 3 bambinos. While putting down the kids for bed, they were almost neurotically upset about Daddy leaving for work. They kissed him over and over and S told him to be extra safe and not tip over! All 3 were super wild after he left. S was crying because he wanted to go be with his dad, L thought she had a fever and needed some extra kisses and J was just a clown, making these wildly loud noises and being the center of attention.
Now here I sit watching the news, recounting our day and the many blessings we have. Daddy Piper working brings out the optimism in me :-)
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment