Thursday, September 4, 2008

MOPS

The kids and I went to our first MOPS meeting today. I was really looking forward to joining a group like this - for myself and the children. It didn't go exactly as I had hoped but I am optimistic that the next meeting and those thereafter will be better. To start off the morning - S didn't want to stay in the 2 year old room. He was fine when I dropped him off and then within a few minutes was crying hysterically. Knowing I wouldn't be able to have a good time during the MOPS meeting thing, I made the decision to take him over to the 3 & 4 year old room where his sister was and he did fine there. No more tears! L had a great time playing with all the fun toys and other little ones her age. She really liked the playhouse!!

The MOPS thing itself was kinda uncomfortable to start with since I didn't know anybody but I quickly got over than when I realized that no one else at the table knew anyone else either. It seems like a fun group of women. Today was mainly administrative/business type stuff about the upcoming year. I hope it gets better from here. The kids had fun in their room and are looking forward to going back so we'll see how the next meeting goes in 2 weeks.

0 comments: