Saturday, October 25, 2008

Nice Evening

We had such a nice evening tonight. We had decided to forgo a trip to the local farm in lieu of a campfire and dinner outside. Well worth it. It was FUN! We enjoyed brats and smores out in the lovely evening air. The kids truly enjoy the outdoors. I didn't enjoy it much until I became an adult and lived in MN where I really learned to love being outside. L and S played and ran around enjoying the cool weather while Daddy Piper, Grandma (snuggling with Baby J) and I sat around the campfire watching the kids and enjoying each other's company. S threw a monstrosity of a fit when L moved his char. He is learning with the terrible two's are finally. She was just being nice. Then Daddy Piper was moving HER chair back from the warm fire just as she went to sit down and she plopped on the ground. I laughed and she didn't appreciate that :-)

S walked me up to the house when I had to use the facilities. He thought his mama needed to be protected - how sweet is he! I love the feeling of his hand in mine. It's truly one of the greatest things of being a mom - that sweet hand-holding. And he is one of the sweetest boys I have ever known. Both L and S are so thoughtful and loving. I wish I could attribute that to practicing what they see but I know it's not. They are just great kids.

0 comments: