Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Fun

Life is going good. J is great, L is marvelous and S is utterly adorable. I am feeling positively positive these days.

Wednesday morning I woke up about 4:30, realizing that J was still asleep. He slept until.... 5:16 AM - the longest sleep ever for him!!!! Everyone else was up by 6 or so. We had homeschool group. We made a quick trip to a local grocer for free plates (gotta love those coupons) then it was off to Walmart for some more coupon shopping before we met up with homeschool group. That trip failed miserably. I had no luck using my coupons at Walmart. They are soooo hard for me. I never get good deals there like others I know. Off to the park we went. This was a failed trip as well, for me anyway. The kids enjoyed themselves. I had my feelings hurt by another mother. It was weird for this to happen. I don't usually get offended by things but man did I feel attacked on 2 separate occasions by this particular mother. I am the worst at letting things fester and then not dealing with them so I emailed her. The matter is dropped - not resolved but dropped. I did feel better dealing head on with the issue though. Maybe this is something I should learn more about - dealing with things like an adult.

We headed home and Daddy was here! The kids hadn't seen him in about 14 hours and they were overjoyed with seeing his big truck in the drive. S clung to Daddy Piper like he hadn't seen him in 14 days instead of 14 hours. J was the same way when he woke up from his nap. They were all over him for the morning. Daddy slept the afternoon away after being up night. We had a successful Target run. My coupons work great there : -)

Thursday was L's testing. It went ok. I thought it might have gone better but oh well. The worst part was her failing her eye test so now we need to see an optometrist. S and J stayed home with Daddy. At one point he and I were texting and he said one boy was fussy and the other was happy, guess which was which?! J just doesn't like to be away from his mama for very long. We also hit the farmers market, where we scored a TON of stuff for $18. So yummy to have fresh fruits and veggies aplenty this time of year, especially since my own garden went to hell with this horrible heat. S soaked up the extra attention from Daddy Piper while we were gone. Those two are best buds lately. S loves to be with his Daddy. He is all boy these days - running and jumping just to do it and climbing trees - HOLY COW!

J is still walking some on his own - not full on walking yet but enough for me to worry about chasing three soon :-) He is so happy. He just lights up when he sees his Mama coming for him. My only wish would be that he sleep better but on the other hand, I LOVE to snuggle with him and nurse him alone in the middle of the night - such a special time : -)

0 comments: