Monday, August 11, 2008

Another Monday

This was such a nice day!

I packed our week last week extremely full of activity so we wouldn't notice Daddy Piper being gone as much (yea right!) so it was nice to hang out at home today. We got some wonderful breakfast cookies made, the kids had a hay day playing in the kitchen sink full of water while I did the actually baking of cookies and then we went out in the pool for like 3 hours - fun times!! L did a great job swimming today - not even the least bit scared after Saturday's incident. S is really becoming braver and braver around the water - almost too brave if you ask me. He made the funniest comment while swimming. He had a train and his green diving stick sitting on the step and L was getting close to it and he looked at her and said "Hey - don't touch my stuff". Where did he hear that? We are not a possessive family with things. If it's here, then it's here to be shared by everyone.

I got some laundry done and quality time playing in the floor with L while S was napping. Daddy Piper had some quality time with the kids while I showered and cooked dinner. He got to play GeoTrax with them, in the floor and on the website. We had a yummy steak dinner and bathtime/bedtime finished off the night.

Another typical day for Piper Paradise. So nice to have Daddy Piper home. It will be even nicer when this weather starts cooling off. And it's only like 2 months until we greet the new one. That scares me and more than just a little bit. I know after the first few weeks things will settle down and all will be fine but those first few weeks are tough. AWWW - just something else to worry about :-)

0 comments: