Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 4

Well today is Day 4 of Daddy's Solo Vacation. Three days is about as long as I can handle. I woke up super hormonal today and very not okay with him still being gone. Just ready to have him home, with us. I was able to chat with his hungover a*% this morning for a bit. I am so glad that he is having a great time - just wish the time for him to come home with tomorrow AM instead of the next day.

We went to a local kids museum today. That was so much fun (I see I use that phrase often but not much describes a child's activity as accurately as that statement). We went with some friends. All the kids had fun playing in their interactive play area. We went to lunch afterwards. Lunch was yummy. California sandwich for mom and pb&j's for the kids - can't go wrong! All 4 kids behaved properly at the restaurant (not like the other night!) and it was enjoyable company. Daddy Piper had said that if the kids were good all week to get them a toy or something to reward their behavior, so off to ToysRUs we went.

Well - ToysRUs was fun!! If you don't count the 4 - yes 4 - trips to the bathroom. L had to go twice and S had to go twice. So we pretty much spent the hour we were there running back to the potty. The kids did get to see some fun stuff and actually touch and play with things. I chatted with Daddy Piper for a minute while walking around ToysRUs. They were done with wedding pictures and waiting for the ceremony to start. I just miss him so much. And I miss that we aren't attending the wedding together. Weddings are fun. Especially when you are with your spouse. Always makes me remember our own wedding, a million years ago. So the chitlens ended up with a globe (a real globe), some glow in the dark planets to hang from the ceiling and a GeoTrax train system thing. Looks like fun - we'll see. They can't play with until naps are done and they clean up the playroom!!

0 comments: