Last September while I was gone visiting friends up North, my sweet hubby bought me a front loading washer at a garage sale across the street for $80. I have always wanted one of these. Being vertically challenged, it seemed like the easiest way for me to do laundry and especially while pregnant - much easier to get all those stray socks out. That wonderful washer sounded like a freight train but worked great for a year. It started not working last week while he was out of town. The only cycle that would work was the knits/dedicates cycle and that wasn't cutting it. It just wasn't getting our clothes clean. I had a repairman come on Tuesday to check it out and it was going to be about $800 to repair so we (or rather me) decided to get a new washer. I had looked on Consumer Reports and they recommended a Fridgidaire (same brand we currently have) so I talked with the repairman about it and he said no way - junk brand that usually doesn't last much past its 1 year warranty. His top choice is a Whirlpool Duet and said Costco had them on sale right now. I checked and they were like $300 cheaper at Costco right now through 8/31. He did show me how to wiggle my timer and get the washer to work. The first load I did, the washer leaked WAY worse than before. I got the go ahead to get a washer from upper management HAHAHA! So the kids and I went to Costco today and picked it up. It fit nicely in the back of my van (have I said lately how much I LOVE my van). Anyway - now it's awaiting installation by Daddy Piper. I hope he gets to it today. Can't wait to play with my new washer!!!
edited to add: I LOVE my new washer. I washed 2 loads in it right away and it is so quiet! And boy my whites - they have never been brighter. I am so thankful we were able to get such a nice washer. Amazing how things like this excited me now :-)
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment