Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun Time

Today was an early to rise day for us. Daddy Piper had to have work done on the trailer so he was up at 6:00 (early for us on a weekend). Both kids must have heard him because they were up shortly after. I didn't hear anything until 7 when Daddy Piper came in and whispered Rise and Shine to me. The kids were out playing and he needed to focus on the trailer since he was using a welder. I got up and went outside for a bit with the kids then they got hungry. Somehow it seems my kids equate Mama with food.

So we came inside and I made chocolate chip pancakes and oranges for breakfast. I tried to get some stuff done around the house. The kids had an extra amount of energy today for some reason. They did help me clean their room though. While cleaning and straightening up, I found a spilt bottle of shampoo in their bathroom - ARGH! It ruined their floor mat since the shampoo was green. This just forced me to clean their bathroom though :-) I was burnt out trying to contain their energy indoors while trying to clean so I passed them off to their father and headed to Target.

I got some organizational things - like a shower caddy that hold shampoo and soap out of their reach and a toilet paper holder that hangs off the toilet. Our current TP situation isn't the best in their bathroom. They have to slide across the toilet and reach for it, leaving some body fluids behind as they do this. Hopefully this corrects the problem.

I came home from Target to find everyone in the pool! Daddy Piper found a way to get their energy burned off without roasting in this heat. I quickly put our stuff away and headed out to join the fun. And what fun everyone was having!! L is swimming like a fish and learning new things all the time - like how to swim like a dolphin. S is really getting into the swimming groove and going under. We played Ring Around The Rosie and went under quite a few times. The pool is such a source of fun family entertainment for us. I will be sad when the weather turns and it's too cool to enjoy.

We came in and had some lunch about 2 hours later. The kids and Daddy spent about 3 hours out in the pool today and everyone was quite hungry. We did get everyone settled down and had some quality napping time around here this afternoon. I had wanted to go out to dinner but when we all woke up, I just didn't feel like it so we grilled a steak and had dinner at home.

The best news of the day was a phone call after naps. My MIL called to say that an airline is now flying right from her hometown to a local airport just up the road from us and for WAY cheap so she'll be coming down when the new baby comes! This relieved so much stress from my life. She'll be here for about 10 days. What a great help this will be. With Daddy Piper being self-employed, any time off is unpaid so this will give me help for the 1st week and half, the time I was most worried about since I can't drive for 2 weeks after the c-section! I feel less and less worried about this new baby's arrival every day.

Off to get the kids washed and ready for bed. What a wonderful day this has been!!!

0 comments: