Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Life

Today was a very productive day. Last night was a horrible sleeping night. S isn't sleeping well due to yucky allergies. I was up with him, then L needed me to sleep with her and THEN J needed some magical mama milk. It is so nice to be needed but not between the hours of 10-6 :-) Seriously kids GO TO SLEEP! But what's better than your baby needing you, not much really, so I try to remember that and not be crabby. I got some cuddle time with each of my babies throughout the dark hours. I am lucky though that Daddy Piper wasn't working today (HA!) so I got to go back to sleep from 8 till 9:30. His 3 day roofing project was completed yesterday and he was looking for some rest for his back. I was super thankful for the rest. I got up just in time to run L to her makeup dance class (side story - she thought it was a makeup class where she got to put up on makeup HAHAHA!!). I came back home and got my coupons ready for some major shopping. Kroger stores are having a mega sale and there was awesome deals!! I ran back to get L from dance, dragging S along with while J napped at home with Daddy. L's dance ran a bit over so S got to play in their toy/waiting room area for a bit. He was thrilled :-) Class was over and we hurried out. They noticed the some TE being done next door so we stopped and had a construction lesson. Gosh I forgot how much the construction industry and the work that goes with it. It was fun to walk them through an building being fitted out and talk about all the work going on! Anyway then it was off to the grocery store. It went soooo much longer than I had planned. About 2 hours total with 2 baskets of stuff = $184 saved and spent $67 WOOHOO!!!!!!!! The kids were quite unruly though,which is quite unusual for my children. I am amazing well behaved kids so this was not the ordinary for us. It was over and off we went home. When I got everyone loaded up, S inquired as to the schedule for the next few hours as in "Mama - we are going home now right? And I mean like right now, no more coupon shopping right, Mama??". We had to get gas but yes - we went right home!

Lunch, dishes, naps for L & S then more coupon organizing to hit Target. But before shopping, L wanted me to "lay with me for a minute". We laid in my bed, read our books (silently for me while listening to her read aloud) and rested for awhile. It was so wonderful to lay with her, quietly like that. Man, I LOVE that girl and that love just grows each second. I wonder daily what I did to be allowed to be her mama. She is amazing in so many ways. God blessed me abundantly when he gave her to me 5 1/2 years ago. Not that she can't drive me bonkers, like earlier while grocery shopping : -) But alas J woke up so my rest time was over and it was time for Target shopping. I spent $32 and saved $54 and got diapers, Lysol wipes, allergy medicine for S, migraine med for me, some natural laundry stuff for S's stuff, and baby wipes. I have gift cards to go back too!! J was so much fun shopping. He is so vocal so it's fun to walk and talk with him. He doesn't have a large vocab but sure tried to get his point across : -) I got to have a great conversation with one of my best girlfriends on the way home from Target - that's always nice.

S was still napping when we got home. L needed to finish her lessons from this morning. Daddy Piper took J outside to play while we did schoolwork. We are learning more about left and right and also lessons regarding Cinderella. I am loving this curriculum. Such fun stuff!

We made homemade pizza tonight. I used from free pizza crust from a sale a few months ago, free cheese, 19 cent Ragu sauce, $1 pepperoni. The pizza cost $1.19 and there's enough stuff in the fridge to make the whole thing again. So dinner tonight was like 60 cents. You can't get better than that baby and it was yummy to boot! L & S had such fun making the pizza with me. I LOVE having them in kitchen. I have really tried to relax and enjoy them lately. It has made such a difference in the mood around here!

J helping Mama clip the recipes and file them in our recipe book.
Painting time. Everyone loves to do crafts in our house!!
J loves his food!!!
J eating cauliflower from the garden. It only took 6 months to get it from the garden to our table :-)
Eating the yummy brownie dessert L helped make.
Everyone agreed this $3 was the best!!
S got in timeout for not listening. He was getting ready to get in the bath
so he had a naked time out.

0 comments: