Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Slacker

I am getting out of the habit of the daily posting, sometimes two or three times a day. Things have gotten busy around here. I am actually exercising and walking daily and reading the Bible (almost) daily. L's schooling has taken a priority again so that cuts into my computer time. Most of all, playing with the kids has been my top priority lately. We are having much more fun around here.

We met our homeschool group at the park today. We were late, by about 30 minutes. I couldn't believe I was that late! J slept in this morning so that means my alarm clock (which is J's crying) didn't wake me up like normal. It took me 2 hours to get breakfast, showered, lunches packed and 3 kids ready to go. It was fun! L hooked up with a little girl and played with her the whole time. Some of the boys were chasing her and she didn't like it and she was mean (tried to kick one of them!) so she got time out once. She did enjoy the company of that other little girl, with the same name no less! Unfortunately, the little girl is visiting from New York :-( L doesn't "click" with other little girls very often so that was fun for her. We are going to try to get together a few times while they are here visiting, her mom was fun to chat with! The time at the park went too quick. S had fun playing and running and sliding. I chased J for part of it then strapped him in the stroller for snacktime. He is a devil to chase - such a climber. We left about nap time. I couldn't get the jogger to fold down. I had to put it in the van upright. L said "If we had another kid, we couldn't have fit the stroller in the van.". Well okay then. I am petitioning hardcore for #4 and it's not going over well with Daddy Piper. I guess L had a point then.....

I am sitting on the bathroom with S right now. L is at her first sleepover, EVER! She was not the least bit nervous. I am not either, really. I just miss her. She drew me a beautiful heart picture to remind me she loves me while she is gone (her words!). She is sleeping over at SK's house, for SK's 5th birthday. I didn't even consider how S would react. He FREAKED out about sleeping alone. He wanted me to call JK and have her come get him to sleepover with L and SK and KK. We compromised by letting him sleep with J tonight.

I just talked with L and she said goodnight and love you. She sounds so different on the phone. I guess I haven't really talked with her on the phone before. Yikes - my girl is growing up so quick! S talked with her on the phone and he was laughing, telling her she was funny. I think it was the first time they have talked on the phone and they both thought it was hilarious!

Now it's time to get S out of the bath and off to bed. He is lost without L. It is funny/sad all at the same time. It is nice to have some one on one time though. That doesn't happen as often as it should.

0 comments: